Iceberg! is an interactive game developed by Happy Sandpit to stress-test your culture using your own unique set of Core Values
Duration: A game playing session typically lasts 2 to 4 hours
Players: Ideally, 3 – 40 per session, but there is flexibility, so let’s talk about your need.
Cost: R15,000 for a two hour session of up to 40 participants. Sliding scale pricing exists for larger groups playing concurrent or separate sessions and for longer sessions.
About the game: The objective of this team-oriented game is to stress-test your culture, by compelling your people to resolve dilemmas using only your organisation’s unique set of Core Values to inform their decision-making.
Since your Core Values underpin your culture, it is essential that employees understand them and live them with energy and passion.
But while they can often recite them parrot-fashion, it’s less common for employees to have an emotional connection to the Core Values’ intended meanings. The result is insufficient awareness of how their daily behaviour and daily decisions measure up and whether they are even what the Core Values demand.
Iceberg! aims to help players understand the Core Values by isolating them from their current daily context and placing them in a foreign environment away from the organizational noise that may otherwise subsume them.
In the case of Iceberg! that environment is based on the RMS Titanic on her fateful maiden voyage, with the members of each team playing the role of the senior members of the ship’s crew.
The outcomes for your organisation:
- Players will learn how Core Values influence decision-making.
- Players will learn how Core Values challenge one another and the importance of critical thinking.
- Players will learn how decisions made in isolation can differ vastly from one another, and the importance of a shared set of Core Values.
- Players will learn the challenge of Value interpretation and the importance of clear, agreed-upon behaviours.
- Players will have a personal context for the Core Values.
Please contact us to find out more about how this could work for your organization today!